1st & 2nd Conjugation Verbs…
Important terms to remember for this section of ‘Learning Latin’.
- Verb – A word expressing an action, state or condition. Remember that every grammatically complete sentence has at least one verb.
- Conjugation (Conjugate) – The parts of a verb are known as its conjugation, so to conjugate a verb means to set it out in all its persons’. A verb conjugates in the following way… 1st, 2nd & 3rd person singular & 1st, 2nd & 3rd person plural.
- Indicative – If a verb is presented as being indicative, then this means that the action is being presented as fact, this is the case whether or not the action is actually true.
- Active – If a verb is presented as being active, then it means that the subject of the sentence or clause is performing the action.
- Tense – Tense refers to the time at which an action is actually taking place, e.g. if a verb is described as present, it means that the action is taking place in the here and now (present).
Click the links below to download.